Leadership Memphis Celebrates Leadership Award Honorees
MEMPHIS, Tenn., March 10, 2020 – Leadership Memphis honored some of the Mid-South’s most impactful leaders at its 2020 Leadership Awards Luncheon March 6 at the Holiday Inn – University of Memphis.
Presenting Sponsors Regional One Health and Sedgwick welcomed the more than 650 attendees before Leadership Memphis highlighted its Leader of the Year, Distinguished Alumnus of the Year, Community Champion of the Year, and the 2020 Change Makers.
In addition to the awards, keynote speaker Jia Jiang (CEO, Wuju Learning) delivered an inspiring message on how he learned to be bold in the face of rejection.
“Memphis has a rich history of leaders impacting positive change in the city,” said David Williams, President/CEO of Leadership Memphis. “These awards are designed to honor them and the people that have chosen to not only make Memphis their home but improve it.”
Leadership Awards Recipients
- Kate Gooch Leader of the Year
- David Jordan, President/CEO Agape Family Services
- Distinguished Alumnus of the Year
- Linda Williams, President/CEO RISE Foundation
- Community Champion of the Year
- RISE Foundation
2020 Change Makers
- Raumesh Akbari, State Senator, Tennessee General Assembly
- Janet Boscarino, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Clean Memphis
- Carol Coletta, President & CEO, Memphis River Parks Partnership
- Willie Gregory, Director of Global Community Impact, Nike
- Kevin Kane, President/CEO, Memphis Tourism
- Anne Mathes, Executive Director, Community Legal Center
- Isaac Rodriguez, Co-Founder & Chief Science Officer, Sweet Bio
- Richard Shadyac, President/CEO, ALSAC
- Dwayne Spencer, President/CEO, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
- Jan Young, Executive Director, Assisi Foundation