LM Mission: To prepare and mobilize leaders to work together for the good of the whole community
The President/CEO of Leadership Memphis is responsible for leading the organization in a way that supports and guides the organization’s mission, as well as the short-term and long-term planning and day-to-day operations. This includes ensuring the organization stands for diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as growing the base of effective community leaders willing, ready, and able to take Memphis to the next level.
Responsibilities include fiscally sound budgeting and financial management; quality programs and initiatives; team-minded staff and volunteers; elevated alumni engagement and special events; effective fundraising and donor relations; as well as consistent outreach and two-way communications with partners, stakeholders, and the community. The President/CEO is the primary fundraiser for the organization, reports to the board of Leadership Memphis, and supports and interacts with board committees, steering councils, and ad hoc workgroups.
Critical Success Factors
- Well respected in the community with the ability to engage and inspire the community
- Work closely with diverse Board of Directors
- Embrace servant leadership and creative problem solving
- Be a goal-oriented self-starter and team player
- Demonstrate an optimistic resilience in all things
- Listen/take cues especially from donors, stakeholders, alumni, and recruits
- Must be a strong fundraiser to generate resources for the organization
- Create and implement an overall short- and long-term revenue/fundraising strategy
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, work independently
- Promote team-mindedness with staff
- Encourage creative problem-solving skills by the team
- Innovative program creation/implementation
- Enthusiastic, flexible, organized, collaborative, communicator
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 or more years providing vision and strategy around revenue generation and program development; responsibility includes budgeting, forecasting, data analysis, and strategic planning
- Master’s degree and proven digital fundraising capabilities preferred
- 5 or more years of management or supervisory experience
- Experience in working with a board of directors
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, salary requirements, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.