“Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Behind the Headlines”
Otis Sanford will moderate a panel of five industry professionals who will provide unique insight as to why it is important for the news we read, watch and hear to be diverse, equitable and inclusive. Important questions will include:
- How diverse are newsrooms across America and the Mid-South?
- In what ways does diversity in newsrooms impact the stories we read, the news we watch, and the perspectives we hear?
Join us to learn what people think about the news today and who is tackling this issue head-on to ensure the news is diverse, equitable, and inclusive – and truly represents our community.
12th Annual Multicultural Breakfast
Friday, November 1, 2019
Holiday Inn at University of Memphis, 3700 Central Avenue
7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Check-in, Networking, and Breakfast
8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Program and Panel
Moderator: Otis Sanford, Hardin Chair of Excellence in Economic and Managerial Journalism University of Memphis
- Mark Russell, Executive Editor, The Commercial Appeal
- James Overstreet, Editor-in-Chief, The Daily Memphian
- Ruby Bailey, Executive Editor, Columbia Missourian at University of Missouri-Columbia
- Lisa Lovell, News Director, Local 24 News, WATN-TV (ABC Affiliate)
- Jonathan Mitchell, Vice President and General Manager, WMC
To purchase a table of 10 for $500 or $50 per seat click HERE.
Seats for Corporate Sponsors and Alumni Sponsors at the $250 level and above are included in your sponsorship but do require an RSVP. Please email Jared Bulluck, Senior Director of Operations, at email@example.com to receive your promo code.
The 12th Annual Multicultural Breakfast is presented by FedEx and International Paper.