2023 Leadership Awards Luncheon
Leadership Memphis is proud to host the 2023 Leadership Awards Luncheon! The luncheon occurred on March 3, 2023, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Renasant Convention Center. A special thank you to our sponsors, Regional One Health and Tennessee Valley Authority!
Each year, we honor community leaders and businesses who exemplify the true meaning of collective impact through our Kate Gooch Leader of the Year, Distinguished Alumni of the Year, and Community Champion of the Year awards.
2023 Leadership Awards Luncheon Program
Co-Chairs for the 2023 Leadership Memphis Awards are:
Nikia Bell, Vice President of Operations, Regional One Health
Leadership Memphis Board Member
Patrice Robinson, Memphis City Council Member, District 3
Leadership Memphis Board Member
Leadership Memphis also recognizes ten individuals as Change Makers selected from a list of nominated individuals who are rare and unique forces of positive change.
These dynamic individuals come from various backgrounds and organizations but share a passion for bettering the world around them. Each Change Maker’s work has enhanced the community, uplifted others, and made Memphis a better place. Leadership Memphis considers Change Makers a rare species. While they are mere individuals, they nevertheless change the lives of others through their actions. Each impacts our community in a very big and very positive way. Their work helps enhance the quality of life and livelihoods of others and makes Memphis a better place.
To inquire about being a sponsor of the 2024 Leadership Awards Luncheon, please contact Michelle Dooner at email@example.com
Leadership Memphis proudly hosted the 2023 Leadership Awards Luncheon on March 3, 2023, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., sponsored by Regional One Health and Tennessee Valley Authority.
Leadership Memphis honored the recipients of the following awards:
2023 Award Winners:
Reginald Porter Jr., Senior Vice President, Development and Corporate Social Responsibility, ALSAC as the 2023 Kate Gooch Leader of the Year
David Williams, Regional Director, Vitalant, as the 2023 Distinguished Alumni of the Year
Greater Memphis Chamber as the 2023 Community Champion
2023 Change Makers:
- Sudhir K. Agrawal, CPA, CDFA™, CFP®, Founder and CEO of Ami Financial Group
- Austin Crowder, Founder, Know Your Rights EDU, Commercial Account Executive, Zoom
- Michalyn Easter-Thomas, Founder, Our Grass Our Roots, Memphis City Councilwoman, District 7
- Claudia Haltom, Founder/Director of Donor Relations, A Step Ahead Foundation
- David Jordan, President and CEO, Agape Child and Family Services
- The Rev. Dr. Mark Matheny, President of United Methodist Neighborhood Centers of Memphis (UMNCM)
- Dr. Bartholomew Orr, Senior Pastor, Brown Missionary Baptist Church
- Henry Reaves, III, Founder & CEO, Reaves Law Firm
- Sharon Williams, Administrator, Ridgemont Manor
- Shane Young, Co-Founder/Executive Director, Memphis Inner City Rugby
This year’s event featured keynote speaker Amy Sample Ward, author of “The Tech That Comes Next, How Changemakers Philanthropists and Technologists Can Build an Equitable World.” Ward is CEO of NTEN, a nonprofit creating a world where missions and movements are more successful through the skillful and equitable use of technology. Following her keynote address, Ward was joined by Young Wallstreet and Code Crew representatives for a panel discussion around equity in the technology space in Memphis.
Consider donating to Leadership Memphis to help us continue hosting events like this!