Project Director – Grants
Reports to President/CEO
Base salary commensurate with experience, education and other credentials
Contract employees not eligible for benefits. This position will be a remote position with possible occasional trips to Leadership Memphis office for planning and strategy meetings.
The Project Director will be responsible for organizing/coordinating new specific grant-funded community based human services projects and related outreach activities as part of Leadership Memphis. These grants are focused on COVID-19 and the hesitancy rate of various communities to become vaccinated. The primary grant is targeted to a 21 county area in West Tennessee with some oversight on a specific Shelby County related grant. This person will be tasked with implementation of various grant-funded programs to support efforts to reduce vaccine hesitancy in targeted at risk communities. S/he will also be responsible for developing budgets and operating plans for these programs, managing program funding and grants, and reporting on same. S/he will be responsible for regular communication to the President and CEO and specific constituent and stakeholder groups to assure success and attainment of program goals and timelines.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization and approved community based human services grants.
• Work closely with various marketing and community outreach approaches which serve to engage target communities for the focus of a project or grant funded activity. Identify and engage appropriate community partners for the project.
• Support and develop partnership agreements for engagement in various project activities.
• Staff various stakeholder meetings to include: advisory committees, steering committees, work groups and appropriate community engagement activities which support the success of the project.
• Execute on various community out-reach events to include: health fairs, festivals, and other events which engage community members broadly. Travel to the area covered by the grant is required.
• Produce required accurate and timely grant status reports and compliance documents throughout its life cycle.
• Support the development of program metrics which define the results and impact of the project. Support collection of data on various activities of the project to inform program metrics.
• Creating and managing short and medium-term goals.
• Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
• Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
• Engaging and motivating stakeholders who have a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
• Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
• Develop stakeholder communication plan with the LM contracted third party marketing team.
• Meet with front line stakeholders responsible for execution to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
• Analyzing program risks as it relates to compliance and funding.
• Create weekly agendas, project timelines, outcome tracking reports, and dashboards which track the progress of the activities under various program activities.
• Supervise assigned team members or volunteers upon request of the President/CEO.
• Proactively collaborate with other members of the LM team as needed.
• Will work closely with the PI to frame opportunities to produce research and publications associated with their project work.
• Will help to frame appropriate white papers which document the interventions and success of the grant funded programs.
- Four-year degree in a business-related field with at least 3-5 years’ experience in similar project and/or program management
- Prior experience in managing similar grants.
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience managing a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology, techniques, and technology platforms
- Ability to travel to the geographic area covered by the grants (21 county area in West Tennessee including Shelby County and the Memphis Metro area)
- Flexibility to work weekends and after hours as needed
- The ideal candidate will live outside of the Memphis/Shelby County SMA in the 21 county West Tennessee area.
- Master Degree in Public Health or Human Services is a strong plus
- PMP or similar certification
- Prior experience working in a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of rural health issues is a plus
Competencies required for success
- Solid understanding of the wider objectives of the program
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and constituencies responsible for program execution
- Strong leadership, management and collaboration skills
- The ability to anticipate potential problems/delays and find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
Reports To: President/CEO
Direct Reports: TBD – Project Manager, Project Coordinators planned
Funding: This position is grant funded for fiscal 2022/2023
How to apply
Forward a cover letter email and your resume to email@example.com indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.