Coordinator – Volunteer Memphis & Community Outreach
Reports to Director – Volunteer Memphis & Community Outreach
Type of Position
Commensurate With Experience
Major Medical Insurance, Long/Short-Term Disability, Simple IRA Match, Paid Holidays, PTO Annual Accrual-3 Weeks time in Yr 1, Life Insurance, and Mileage Reimbursement per policy
The Volunteer Memphis & Community Outreach Coordinator will support and assist the Director – Volunteer Memphis & Community Outreach in all areas of her/his responsibility including sponsored and participating events, partner and volunteer requests and interface, project and event management, database platform reporting and data management, and grant management and impact reporting. S/he will be responsible for developing proficiency in the Galaxy volunteer system to extract data and reports.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Coordinates the VM Days of Service, including 9/11 Day of Service, MLK Days of Service and other VM/LM sponsored service days/events. The Director of Volunteer Memphis will define specific roles and tasks for the coordinator that may vary based on event, venue(s), logistical needs, as well as other needs within the larger LM organization and will be detailed in project plans.
- Working collaboratively with the Director – VM and any contracted event management resources for any face-to-face VM events, coordinate logistics for participants, LM staff, guests, including any required set up, check in, and post event clean up.
- Coordinates the VM Awards, including any pre-event and day of activities. The Director of Volunteer Memphis determine specific support roles and responsibilities related to promotion and event logistics.
- Support Director of Volunteer Memphis and other constituents (companies, non-profits, volunteers) with Volunteer Services Database management and reporting.
- Create tracking tools for various task associated with projects and events. – Staff key planning meetings, to include: yearly calendar invites, agendas, and minutes.
- Track revenue and expenses for each specific event
- Research and manage the plan to onboard new community partners.
- Coordinate and manage VM virtual meetings/events including calendaring, invitations and troubleshooting for participants.
- Support the Director of VM with requests from large employers to advise and/or coordinate specific employee service activities. – Support Director of Volunteer Memphis with event follow-up and thank you messages.
- Support Director of Volunteer Memphis with grant and impact reporting.
- Develop proficiency with Galaxy volunteer database and reporting to support and provide technology assistance to LM/VM, partners and individuals in the use and training of the Volunteer data base.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Volunteer Memphis.
Overall Team Support
- As needed and with manager approval, assists with logistics & volunteer coordination for any LM/VM special events, projects, conferences, & programs in coordination with the LM team.
- As needed, supports LM Networking Events with local non-profits and/or other organizations including participation in planning, preparing, executing and follow up to enhance the LM/VM brand in the Memphis community
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in communications, marketing, business administration and/or project management
- At least 2 years of experience working in a similar event and project coordinating role.
- Communication skills – strong written and verbal
- Proficiency and comfort with virtual meeting platforms (ie Zoom, Teams, etc)
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) including a high level of proficiency with Mail Merge in Microsoft Office Word
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work after normal working hours occasionally and on weekends as needed to attend/support VM/LM events and activities
- Willingness to use personal vehicle to transport materials, supplies, etc to venues. Capacity to lift 25 lbs.
- Project Management Certification
- Familiarity with mobile survey tools and platforms
- High level excel proficiency
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Strong problem assessment skills and the ability to quickly identify and assess solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work independently, coordinate activities and prioritize multiple tasks and be a self-starter.
- Team and customer service orientation with clear communication style that adjusts depending on audience
- Highly professional demeanor
INTERESTED QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org AND REFERENCE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE. APPLICANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL AUGUST 25, 2022.