The Executive/Project Assistant (EA) will be responsible for supporting the President/CEO, CFO, the Board and the Project team leadership. S/he will be responsible for maintaining the calendar of the President/CEO as well as responding to simple inquiries and re-directing said requests as appropriate. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining and updating the overall LM/VM team and activity calendar. The EA will also provide admin support to the Board of Directors and various sub-committees as required. S/he will be responsible for assisting with the preparation and distribution of Board materials as well as maintaining minutes and materials. As directed by the President/CEO, s/he will provide support to directors and their teams to prep for and execute LM/VM meetings and events.
Interested candidates should forward a cover e-mail and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Recruitment for this position will close on November 22, 2021.
Base salary commensurate with experience
Major Medical Insurance, Long/Short-Term Disability, Simple IRA Match, Paid Holidays, PTO Annual Accrual-3 Weeks time in Yr 1, Life Insurance, and Mileage Reimbursement per policy.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties to support the work of the President/CEO, CFO, the Board, and, as required and directed, senior staff.
- Efficiently handles a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Coordinates calendar, business meetings and appointments for the President/CEO, CFO and Board members for LM related work. Prepares weekly agendas for the President’s over-all schedule
- Prepares 6-month calendar which includes planned activities, events, meetings, classes, planned time out of office for distribution to entire team. Updates bi-weekly based on input from team members, executives, Board.
- Under the close direction of the President/CEO and other senior staff, assists with prep and distribution of Board meeting and sub-committee meeting materials and documentation, including agenda planning, note taking, synthesizing outcomes, and distribution of materials as well as follow-on action items.
- Answers the telephone and screens calls for President/CEO, processes CEO incoming mail, and forwards messages and correspondence to the appropriate staff as needed
- As needed, coordinate and manage virtual meetings/events scheduled by any of the execs or team members s/he supports including calendaring, invitations and troubleshooting for participants.
- Acts as an administrative liaison for the executive and senior staff by making appropriate decisions in their absence
- Maintains stakeholder and constituent confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- As required, prepares and/or reviews, formats, and proofreads correspondence, reports, presentation materials (Powerpoint presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) and other documents to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Establishes and maintains efficient filing systems for departmental and confidential materials.
- Completes assigned projects and follow-up on results.
- Prepares reports as required by collecting and analyzing information.
- As directed by the President/CEO, supports other departments with their tasks and projects as well as LM/VM events and meetings.
Project Team Support
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties to support the work of the Project Director and Project Manager
- Coordinates calendar, business meetings and appointments for Project Director and, as needed, Project Manager
- As needed, assist project team members with coordinating and managing real time any project-related virtual meetings/events including calendaring, invitations and troubleshooting for participants during the meetings
- Handles overflow administrative work from Team as needed including data collection and reporting
Skills and Qualifications
- Some college required – at least 2 years
- At least 4 years of administrative support experience with at least 2 in supporting a senior level executive
- Must have excellent organization and follow-up skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office program (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) or programs as indicated in the specific function within the department
- Knowledge of and proficiency with virtual meeting platforms (ie Zoom, Teams, etc)
- Demonstrated skill and high level of proficiency in oral and written communication including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and composition.
- Ability to work after normally scheduled hours during the week and weekends occasionally
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to use personal vehicle for work/meeting related events
- Four year college degree
- Professional certifications
- Prior experience in Board material preparation and interfacing with a Board of Directors
Competencies required for success
- Ability to work without close supervision, exercise independent judgment, and communicate effectively with high-level stakeholders where tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential.
- Ability to analyze situations and respond in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally with all types and levels of stakeholders and constituents
- High level of discretion and tact in interactions with stakeholders and constituents