2022 Leadership Awards Luncheon
Leadership Memphis is proud to host the 2022 Leadership Awards Luncheon on March 11, 2022, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Zoom, sponsored by Regional One Health.
Leadership Memphis will honor the following awards:
- Doug McGowen, Chief Operating Officer, City of Memphis as the 2022 Kate Gooch Leader of the Year
- Valerie Morris Bearup, President and CEO, Morris Marketing Group, as the 2022 Distinguished Alumni of the Year
- City of Memphis and Collage Dance Collective as the 2022 Community Champions
Leadership Memphis will also be honoring 10 Change Makers.
Leadership Memphis considers Change Makers to be rare and unique forces of positive change. These dynamic individuals’ come from various background and organizations but share a common passion for bettering the world around them. Each Change Maker’s work has enhanced the community, uplifted other people, and made Memphis a better place. The following 10 honorees are the 2022 Change Makers:
- Bridgette S. Green, President/Managing Member, TopCat Masonry Contractors, LLC
- Edith Kelly-Green, Founder and Member, KGR Group
- Heidi Kuhn, Shelby County Criminal Court Clerk, Shelby County, Tennessee
- Dr. Bobby White, Founder and CEO, Frayser Community Schools
- Dr. Reginald Boyce, Senior Pastor, Riverside Missionary Baptist Church
- Dr. Stacy L. Spencer, Senior Pastor, New Direction Christian Church
- Dr. Jon McCullers, Pediatrician-in-Chief, Chair, Department of Pediatrics at Le Bonheur and UTHSC and COO of UTHSC, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital and The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Dr. Denise Mustiful-Martin, Founder and Owner, Periodontal Specialists of Memphis
- Michael Scruggs, Powerlines Site Coordinator (Whitehaven), Agape Child and Family Services
- Rhonda L. Treadwell, Executive Director, Dress for Success Memphis
This year’s event will feature keynote speaker Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., President and CEO, SHRM – Society for Human Resource Management, moderated by Brad Federman.
Keynote Speaker Idea: This year’s keynote speaker will feature a theme around organizational reset through and after the COVID -19 pandemic; while addressing human capital challenges such as the great resignation, war for talent, labor shortage, multigenerational workforce, and the trickle-down effect this upheaval of norms has impacted communities. Leadership Memphis anticipates that the keynote speaker will challenge the audience to think more broadly about the changing nature of the workforce and workplace and the necessity to contemplate innovative ways businesses can engage employees, redefine corporate culture, and be transformative beyond the corporate confines for meaningful community outreach.